- September 25, 2017
- | 659
Insurance is a way of managing risks. When you buy insurance, you transfer the cost of a potential loss to the insurance company in exchange for a fee, known as the premium. Insurance companies invest the funds securely, so it can grow, and pay out when there’s a claim.
Insurance helps you:
- Own a home, because mortgage lenders need to know your home is protected
- Drive vehicles, because few people could afford the repairs, health care costs and legal expenses associated with collisions and injuries without coverage
- Maintain your current standard of living if you become disabled or have a critical illness
- Cover health care costs like prescription drugs, dental care, vision care and other health-related items
- Provide for your family in the event of a death
- Run a small business or family farm by managing the risks of ownership
- Take vacations without worrying about flight cancellations or other potential issues
Take the time to review your policies and contact one of our helpful Financial Advisors to answer your questions or get advice. A little knowledge can make a big difference when it comes to buying the right insurance protection for you and your family.